PMF – Fluorescent Formaldehyde Detection Kit (Cell Permeable)
$395.00 – $1,495.00
Traditionally, formaldehyde (FA) has been viewed as an environmental hazard and a toxic carcinogen for mammals. However, FA is produced in mammalian cells via enzymatic pathways and used in the "one carbon cycle" to make building blocks for life such as DNA and certain amino acids. This 'one carbon cycle' is fundamental to all forms of life down to the bacterial cell (1-6). FA is maintained in homeostasis in living cells, however its breakdown and over production has been implicated in the pathogenesis of various diseases such as cancer, dementia, diabetes and Alzheimer's disease (7-11).
Cell Technology introduces two ultra-fast reversible probes, developed by Dr. Xin Li et al, PMF and PMF4 for the detection of FA in living cells or aqueous samples (12,13). These quenched fluorogenic probes when exposed to FA become fluorescent: Ex 320-420nm Em: 520-560mm. PMF4 is especially useful in in-situ visualization of FA in cellular lysosomes.
- Probe PMF: In-situ monitoring of Formaldehyde (FA) in the cytoplam.
- Probe PMF4: In-situ monitoring of Formaldehyde (FA) in lysosomes.
- Study of FA levels in cellular stress, diseases such as Alzhimers and cancer.
- Reversible probe monitoring FA homeostasis in live cells and tissue sections.
- FA detection in Bacterial, fungal and plant cells.
- Environmental samples.