Fluoro Hydroxyl/ Peroxynitrite
A new novel probe, Hydroxyphenyl fluorescein (HPF), developed by Tetsuo Nagano et. al. (1), is a highly selective probe for the detection of highly Reactive Oxygen Species (hROS). It is a cell permeable highly sensitive fluorescent probe for hydroxyl radical (OH•), and peroxynitrite (ONOO-) detection. It has little reactivity towards other hROS such as: hypochlorite (-OCl), singlet oxygen (021), superoxide (02-•), hydrogen peroxide (H202), nitric oxide (NO•), and alkyl peroxide (RO2•) (see table below)1.
- Quenched Cell permeable dye.
- One Step, No wash Homogenous assay.
- Adaptable to High throughput assay platforms.
- Can monitor multiple time points to follow real time kinetics.
- Non-destructive cell based assay allows monitoring of additional parameters.
- Applications - Fluorescent plate reader / Flow Cytometery / Fluorescent Microscopy.