$185.00 – $550.00
- Non-cytotoxic assay arrests further apoptotic activity via caspase inhibition.
- Cell permeablity permits direct visualization of cytosolic apoptotic events.
- Apoptotic cell population does not diminish over time.
- Add reagent directly to cells. No special buffer or media needed. No preparation of cell lysates required. Simple wash procedure.
- Works in diverse cell lines: human, rodent, Drosophila.
- Can be performed in conjunction with Annexin staining, TUNEL, antibody staining, or with other APO LOGIX reagents on the same population of cells.
- Permits high through-put screening. Protocol can be adapted for ex vivo as well as in situ experiments.
- Yields both quantitative and qualitative results. Gives strong signal with little background noise.
- Mark activity across the range of caspase proteins. Poly-caspase and caspase-specific assays to target caspases 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, or 10 are available.
- Applications – Flow Cytometry, Fluorescence Plate Reader, Fluorescent Microscopy
Poly Casp, Casp 3/7, Caspase 8 Detection, Caspase 9 Detection, Caspase 6 Detection, Caspase 1 Detection, Caspase 2 Detection, Caspase 10 Detection
APO LOGIX Carboxyfluoroscein Caspase Detection Kits label active caspases in living cells undergoing apoptosis. Cell Technology’s probes utilize carboxyfluorescein(FAM)-labeled peptide fluoromethyl ketone (FMK) caspase inhibitors (FAM-peptide-FMK). These FAM-peptide-FMK compounds are both cell permeable and non-cytotoxic during the course of the assay and thus allow the detection of active caspases in living cell systems.
Fig A. Jurkat cells treated with DMSO. Cells were labeled with FAM-VAD-FMK for 1 hour. Caspase activity was detected using flow cytometry.
Fig B. Jurkat cells treated with camptothecin. Cells were labeled with FAM-VAD-FMK for 1 hour. Caspase activity was detected using flow cytometry.