5x Universal Plate Coating Buffer
$50.00 – $2,625.00
100mL, 500mL, 1L, 10L
- Saves valuable reagents. By promoting a higher specific signal, less protein may be needed to coat the plate and less of the detection molecules may be needed to generate a signal when this buffer is used.
- Increases the shelf-life of your plates. Depending on the activity of the coated protein, plates may be stored at room temperature or 2°-8°C for several months, or even years under proper conditions.
- Increases reproducibility. By using consistent reagents from a reliable source, your ELISAs may become more reproducible.
- Increases the signal of the ELISA. If the antibody or antigen is not sticking to the plate, or unwanted proteins are interfering with binding, the plate will have an overall low specific signal. CB1 may foster adsorption and reduce interference.
- Decreases background noise. If excess proteins are sticking to the plate, plate will have overall high backgrounds (a high signal overall, but a low specific signal). Universal Plate Coating Buffer may reduce interference.
Simply dilute Coating Buffer 1:5 (for example, add 100mL Coating Buffer to 400mL diH20 for a final volume of 500mL) , add your protein antigen or antibody, let the solution stir for 15 minutes, and pipette onto the plate.
Our Coating Buffer is an optimal formulation of buffers and salts which maximizes the adsorption of antibodies and antigens onto polystyrene plates. During the adsorption process, the Coating Buffer stabilizes coated proteins by maintaining their tertiary three-dimensional structure. By stabilizing the adsorbed protein, antigenic regions are preserved, allowing for greater binding reactivity with the detection molecule, thereby enhancing the specific signal. By generating a higher specific signal, a lower concentration of coat protein may be needed when this buffer is used, thereby saving valuable reagents.