The endoplasmic reticulum is the site of cholestrol-induced cytotoxicity in macrophages - Feng, Yao, Li, Devlin et al - Nature Cell Biology Vol 5, No 9, September 2003, pp 781-792
Deficiency of the Cyclin Kinase inhibitor p21(WAF-1/CIP-1) Promotes Apoptosis of Activated/Memory T Cells, and inhibits spontaneous systemic Autoimmunity - J. Exp Medicine; Vol 199, Number 4, Feb 16 2004; 547-557
Melanin acts as a potent UVB photosensitizer to cause an atypical mode of cell death in murine skin - Seiji Takeuchi, Wengeng Zhang, Kazumasa Wakamatsu, Shosuke Ito,Vincent J. Hearing, Kenneth H. Kraemer and Douglas E. Brash - PNAS U S A. 2004 October 19; 101(42): 15076–15081
Enhanced growth inhibition of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck by combination therapy of paclitaxel and opioid growth factor - Patricia McLaughlin, Jeffrey Jaglowski, et al - International Journal of Oncology 26: 809-816, 2005
Maternal Antibody Responses to the 52-kd SSA/Ro p200 Peptide and the Development of Fetal Conduction defects - Clancy, Buyon, Ikeda, et.al - Arthritis and Rheumatism Vol 52, No 10, October 2005, pp 3079-3086
Combination chemotherapy with gemcitabine and biotherapy with opioid growth factor (OGF) enhances the growth inhibition of pancreatic adenocarcinoma - Ian S. Zagon, Jeffrey R. Jaglowski, et.al. - Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology – Vol 56/ No 5, Nov 2005
The Pseudomonas aeruginosa type III secreted toxin ExoT is necessary and sufficient to induce apoptosis in epithelial cells - Sasha H. Shafikhani, Christina Morales and Joanne Engel - Cellular Microbiology, Vol 10 Issue 4, pp 994-1007, Dec 2007.
Monoclonal Anti–Interleukin 23 Reverses Active Colitis in a T Cell–Mediated Model in Mice C. Elson, Y. Cong, C. Weaver, T. Schoeb, T. McClanahan, R. Fick, R. Kastelein - Gastroenterology, Volume 132, Issue 7, Pages 2359-2370 (2007)
Acute and chronic microvascular alterations in a mouse model of ischemic acute kidney injury -Markus Horbelt, So-Young Lee, Henry E Mang, Nicole L. Knipe, Yoshikazu Sado, Andreas Kribben, and Timothy A Sutton - Am J Physiol Renal Physiol (July 11, 2007)
Cytotoxicity and Secretion of Gamma Interferon Are Carried Out by Distinct CD8 T Cells during Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection – Thorbjorg Einarsdottir, Euan Lockhart, and JoAnne L. Flynn - American Society for Microbiology - Infection and Immunity, October 2009, p. 4621-4630, Vol. 77, No. 10.
Converting cell lines representing hematological malignancies from glucocorticoid-resistant to glucocorticoid-sensitive: Signaling pathway interactions – Anna S. Garza, Aaron L. Miller, Betty H. Johnson, E. Brad Thompson - Leukemia Research Vol 33, Issue 5, pp 717-727. May 2009
- Slee, E. A., C. Adrain, and S. J. Martin. 1999. Serial Killers: ordering caspase activation events in apoptosis. Cell Death and Differ. 6:1067-1074.
- Walker, N. P., R. V. Talanian, K. D. Brady, L. C. Dang, N. J. Bump, C. R. Ferenz, S. Franklin, T. Ghayur, M. C. Hackett and L. D. Hammill. 1994. Crystal Structure of the Cysteine Protease Interleukin-1ß-Converting Enzyme: A (p20/p10)2 Homodimer. Cell 78:343-352.
- Wilson, K. P., J. F. Black, J. A. Thomson, E. E. Kim, J. P. Griffith, M. A. Navia, M. A. Murcko, S. P. Chambers, R. A. Aldape, S. A. Raybuck, and D. J. Livingston. 1994. Structure and mechanism of interleukin-1 beta converting enzyme. Nature 370: 270-275.
- Rotonda, J., D. W. Nicholson, K. M. Fazil, M. Gallant, Y. Gareau, M. Labelle, E. P. Peterson, D. M. Rasper, R. Ruel, J. P. Vaillancourt, N. A. Thornberry and J. W. Becker. 1996. The three-dimensional structure of apopain/CPP32, a key mediator of apoptosis. Nature Struct. Biol. 3(7): 619-625.
- Kumar, S. 1999. Mechanisms mediating caspase activation in cell death. Cell Death and Differ. 6: 1060-1066.
- Alnemri, E.S. et al (1996) Cell 87:171
- Trends Biochem Sci 22,388 (1997)
- Nature 376, 37 (1995).
- Srinivasan A, et al Cell Death and Differentiation (1998) 5: 1004-1016